My name is Magpie and the year is 2019, although that changes in a month.
I am 18 years old and a linguistics major at the University of Pittsburgh. I'm genderqueer, and my pronouns are they/them or she/her, but usually more like they/them. I care a lot about linguistics and birds. I'm hella autistic, as evidenced by the fact that this page exists. Neurotypical people don't tend to give too many shits about awful hot garbage 20 year old aesthetics. I am also narcoleptic and have dissociative identity disorder, as well as chronic joint pain. I'm also a Jewish Anarcho-Communist. I work as a line cook, and am also a volunteer labor union organizer.
- the Mountain Goats
- Emperor X
- deer scout
- Nana Grizol
- Get Up Kids
- My Chemical Romance
- Obligatory note that linguistics is not about learning languages, it is about the science of how language works. While most linguists speak more than one language, it is not by any means the focus of linguistics to learn as many languages as possible.
- American English (native)
- American Spanish (native)
- Yiddish (both YIVO and Chassidish, although YIVO is stronger)
- Old Enlgish
- Hebrew (Pretty poorly)
- Quechua (Not formally studying yet, will begin in fall of 2020)
- ASL (Not formally studying yet, will begin in fall of 2020)
Holy fuck I love my partners